As you go about your daily routine, keep in mind the 15 warning signs of an unhealthy spine. If you have more than three of these symptoms, it’s time to see your chiropractor.
The 15 Warning Signs of an Unhealthy Spine:
1. The heels of your shoes wear out unevenly. This can be due to an uneven leg length or stress along the length of your spine.
2. You find it difficult to take a satisfying deep breath. Breathing, spinal health, and energy are all interrelated.
3. Your jaw “clicks”. This can be caused by neck or hip subluxation (bones out of alignment.)
4. You have to “crack” your neck, back or other joints such as your fingers. This can be caused by areas of your spine that are locked, jammed, or irritated.
5. You can’t tilt or turn your head or hips to either side equally or easily. Reduced or restricted ranges of motion are signs of a misaligned spine.
6. You are often fatigued and feel stressed. An unbalanced spine drains your energy.
7. You have poor concentration. Subluxation will affect brain health.
8. You have low resistance to disease. Subluxation affects your immune system which plays an important role in your resistance to disease and your ability to fight infection causing recurring colds, fever or ear infections etc.
9. Your foot flares out when walking. This test is easy as long as you don’t cheat! Merely look at your feet as you walk. Do they both point forward, or does one foot appear to flare outward or inward? Do both? Foot flare may be a sign of a problem in the lower spine or hips, or meningeal stress in the upper neck or base of the brain.
10. One leg appears shorter than the other. Keep your shoes on, and lie down. Have someone stand behind you, look down at your feet, and gently push your heels toward your head. Compare where the heels meet the shoes. One foot (it’s often the right) may appear anywhere from 1/8″ to 1″ shorter than the other.
11. You have poor posture. Stand on two bathroom scales. The weight distribution should be about the same over each foot. If it is not, that’s a good sign that your spine, hips are off-center.
12. You have headaches, backaches, sore or tender spots in muscles or joints. These are common signs of subluxation (bones out of alignment.)
13. You have a constant stressful feeling and tension especially in muscles and joints. Muscles and joints are affected by subluxation.
14. You feel stiffness in your back and neck. Stiffness may be a sign of subluxation damage.
15. You just don’t feel right, and you are in general poor health. Subluxation can affect your overall health.
At Diversified Health, we see dozens of patients a month that book an appointment because of the 15 warning signs of an unhealthy spine.|chiropractor victoria bc, many of them require only one or two treatments to get them back into alignment and back to feeling great!